GRUNDTVIG PARTNERSHIP "LEARNING POSITIVE DISCIPLINE"
Welcome to our website!
"Learning Positive Discipline"
The partnership “Learning Positive Discipline” (LPD) will take place between August 2013 and July 2015.
There are 5 criteria for effective positive discipline:
- Helps children feel a sense of connection. (Belonging and significance)
- Is mutually respectful and encouraging. (Kind and firm at the same time.)
- Is effective long-term. (Considers what the child is thinking, feeling, learning, and deciding about himself and his world – and what to do in the future to survive or to thrive.)
- Teaches important social and life skills. (Respect, concern for others, problem solving, and cooperation as well as the skills to contribute to the home, school or larger community.)
- Invites children to how capable they are. (Encourages the constructive use of personal power and autonomy.